Thursday, June 6, 2013

Rosemary Chops w/ Grilled Apricot Sauce & Seared Asparagus



This is one of those dinners where I had absolutely no advanced plans, and was just "flying by the seat of my pants". It came out very nicely if I do say so myself. It's a bit early for Apricots (and normally I would wait a little longer) however these smelled so tasty when I walked by them that I couldn't resist picking a couple up. All of the herbs are from my garden that has recently been plagued by evil rabbits...post about them to follow.
Anyways...I digress, as is normal for me. Without further adieu, I give you......DINNER!



EQUIPMENT
Grill Pan (you can of coarse BBQ these outside)
Tongs
Cutting Board
Sharp Knife
Immersion Blender
Small Glass Bowl



CHOP INGREDIENTS
Oil for pan
2 Pork Chops (bone in or boneless, I had boneless on hand this time)-room temperature
3-4 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
2T. Melted Unsalted Butter
3T. Fresh Minced Chives


APRICOT SAUCE
2 Apricots, halved and pitted
1.5t Honey


Turn oiled grill pan to medium heat (this can very if you're chops are very thin, I happened to have VERY thick chops so I didn't want the outside to burn but wanted a nice "crust")
While pan is coming to temperature, generously salt and pepper your chops on both sides. When pan is warm lay down the rosemary sprigs directly on the grill pan.


Let them sit for a moment until you just begin to smell them, then place your chops directly on top.

Now, at this point I must apologize because I did not once look at the clock to see how long cooking was taking. It's a very bad habit of mine since these recipes are posted for people to make at home if they so chose. SO, since I don't time things these times will be an estimation. Pork should be cooked to 145 degrees internal temperature. Back to the recipe.
Cook the chops about 8 minutes per side. Once both sides of your chops have been cooked, flip them back over to the original side.

Melt your butter and stir in the chives. Spoon this delectable mixture on top of each chop so the flavors soak in and it just drips down onto the pan.
You may now put your apricots on the pan. By putting them on the same pan after the seasoning and flavors from the chops have begun to secrete, you are adding all these wonderful flavors to your apricots. Cook them (flipping as needed) until soft and slightly caramelized.

When chops reach an internal temperature of 145 you may remove them to a plate or cutting board and allow them to rest for about 3 minutes, before cutting into them to enjoy.
While your chops are resting, toss your apricots and honey in an immersion blender and blend until smooth. Your sauce is finished!



ASPARAGUS SIDE

1T Olive Oil
Handful of asparagus, trimmed
Salt
1T Each - Fresh Chopped Cilantro and Chives
2t Fresh Chopped Oregano

Heat your pan to medium to medium-low eat. Add in oil just as pan is coming to temperature. Toss in your asparagus and salt, stirring occasionally (so as to prevent them from burning) and cook to desired texture. When you are just about to remove your asparagus, turn off the eat and throw in all your herbs and toss a few times to evenly coat. Serve them along side your chops.



Comer!

No comments:

Post a Comment